It is not uncommon to see dogs itching every now and then. Dog owners know that their dogs need to get busy with their nighttime scratching quite regularly. However, if you see your dog itching itself incessantly to the point of chewing, biting, scratching and licking its skin, you need to step in and do something to help your dog cope. Apparently, itches are the second most common reason why most pet owners visit the vet, as this problem could easily cause massive infection in our canine companions and make them sick. It is imperative that you invest in good quality dog grooming products like an Oatmeal Anti-Itch Dog Shampoo which will keep your dog’s skin soft and itch-free.
What could cause constant itching in dogs?
There are two possible reasons for this condition, and both of them have a cure:
- Allergies: This condition is becoming more common nowadays with poor breeding habits, processed pet foods and aggressive doses of pet vaccinations. However, many pharmaceutical and supplement companies have come up with strong medical treatments which help in controlling this allergy.
- Dry, flaky skin: This is more usual than allergies. Dogs usually have an alkaline coat on top of their skin which helps in trapping moisture and keeps germs away. When their skin becomes too dry, this coat of oil gets stripped and the layers underneath start to get irritated. With the natural layer of oil now being absent, bites and sores cannot keep the germs away, and this causes infection.
How to deal with dry flaky skin?
It is definitely important to keep a close watch on your dog in order to check if they are suffering from skin irritations. If your dog’s skin is too dry, there are different possible causes:
- You are giving more baths to your dog than you should. Excessive bathing can strip off the natural layer of oil, and this will cause the skin to lose moisture quickly.
- You need to use shampoo that is made of natural ingredients like oatmeal, honey and vitamin E which will keep your dog’s skin smooth and soft.
- Use a shampoo with the right pH balance. Nootie’s Medicated Oatmeal Dog Anti-itch Shampoo will have a pH balance that suits your dog’s skin. The alkaline coat on dogs have a pH value between 5.5 and 7.5.
What does Nootie’s Dog Shampoo contain?
This shampoo is formulated with the help of dermatological solutions. It therefore uses different topical creams and medicines which reduce harmful agents in the skin and help in relieving pain as well. Nootie’s shampoo is made of Colloidal Oatmeal, 1% Lidocaine HCL and 1% of Pramoxine HCL.
Each of these ingredients is known for its benefits. While the Pramoxine and Lidocaine are used in topical creams that relieve pain and heal scratches, scrapes, cuts and bites, the colloidal oatmeal helps in hydrating the skin so that it becomes well moisturized, soft and supple. These elements also help in minimizing skin irritation, and this therefore reduces itching.
What are the benefits of this shampoo?
Apart from its usual benefits of reducing skin irritation and itching in dogs, this shampoo also helps in other ways:
– While this shampoo is good for dry skin, it is also good in fighting against allergens that cause itching. So if your dog has an allergy problem, the colloidal oatmeal will naturally help to remedy the problem and keep your dog relaxed.
– This shampoo does not interfere with other treatments that your dog might be subjected to, like tick and fleas treatment.
– This shampoo also works perfectly well for dogs that have extra sensitive skin.
How is Nootie’s Oatmeal Dog shampoo better than other products in the market?
A lot of anti-itch dog shampoos are easily available at an affordable price. But most of them contain harsh chemicals which may harm the skin eventually. Most of these shampoos are quite strong. Therefore, they easily strip off the natural coat of oil on the skin, making it more uncomfortable for dogs.
Nootie’s shampoo contains only natural and pure ingredients like oatmeal which help to keep the skin moisturized and relaxed. Not only will this ingredient keep your dog’s skin itch-free, but it will make your dog’s coat more soft, silky and healthy. Also, this product has a very nice, natural fragrance which keeps dogs smelling good and happy all day long! Using this product carries no risk, as it comes with a full refund-return policy, in case you are not happy with the result.
A lot of customers have reported that their dogs got really healthy, shiny coats after they used this shampoo. Dogs like the natural fragrance and do not itch much as before. Some customers have even mentioned that their dogs have stopped shedding excessively after they were bathed with this shampoo.
Nootie’s Oatmeal Dog Anti-Itch shampoo is a really good quality dog grooming product that you will find in the market. Not only is it affordable, but it is recommended by vets and is dermatologically tested for optimum results.